Monday, November 23, 2015

Why this Blog


So I was starting to feel like I should start to write a blog about movies, show biz, and life in the business and in the city. I was sitting there thinking to myself, “what do I call this blog?” I was also thinking that in the blog I’d share thoughts about different movies I saw amongst other things. Then I thought about the movie I saw the other night called Spotlight. I saw in in Hollywood and I thought viola and so “Spotlight on Hollywood” was born.

It’s been over a year since I moved to the LA area. I came to expand my horizons, for the wonderful lifestyle (and weather) the city affords, and for show business of course! I’ve moved all around too, staying with friends in Thai Town, Silverlake and West Hollywood before settling down for a year in Burbank. Even though my process for moving around was non-traditional, it gave me a great taste of different areas before I settle into Burbank. Living in the Valley provided me with a nice smooth transition as living in the valley was more gentle than the intense energy of Hollywood and some of the other areas in the city. Burbank was also a great place to be close to the film and television industry. Many don’t know that Burbank is home to many big studios including Warner Brothers, Disney, ABC, Cartoon Network and Nickelodean, plus Universal Studios is really close too. Being based out of there meant that could go to screenings, feel connected in the industry and I booked many clients in my psychic business as a result. Burbank was also a bit of a smaller pond so I could make a name for myself there more easily.


Fast forward a year and it was time to move! I’d really appreciated my time there but I was starting to feel antsy, when this happens, it is often time to make a change. So I’ve moved and I am in Hollywood, for now anyway. I look forward to sharing my adventures and thoughts on film, life, and music with you. It’s just the beginning of this new adventure, who knows where it will lead?


No comments:

Post a Comment